You are receiving this publication because you gave express direct consent when you subscribed to Minute Chaser Ezine either through a website, an ezine, a co-op, or by placing your ad with us. By subscribing, you agree to accept in-house and third-party advertising in our publication.
To be sure you receive notification of new issues, please add the domain “go-getglobal.com” to your address book, thank you.
This issue may be FREELY distributed to friends, colleagues and discussion lists as long as the *entire issue* is included.
Friday, November 27, 2009
In This Issue
Keeping Your Cool Even When the Holidays Get Hot
Find business opportunities + submit your free weekly ad
$29.99 = 1,700,000+ OPT-IN EZINE ADS. 1 CLICK AD BLASTER. Advertise any site or business to opt-in subscribers who have already said YES to receiving offers just like yours. Reach a LARGE, LIVE, RESPONSIVE audience on a tiny budget. http://snipurl.com/hbadswork
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you’re all enjoy family and good food. We had lamb chops this year as there are only 3 of us having dinner and a turkey would’ve been too big for us to manage. Anyhow the important thing is to have fun and laughter and a family spirit.
I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you, my loyal readers and advertisers, who’ve been with me at this ezine and also at G3 Ezine. Thank you all for your support and just being here.
Solo ads are now Buy 1, Get 1 FREE so if you’re in need of sending out your ad to 3000+ responsive readers on this ezine or at my home business ezine, G3 Ezine, be sure check out the offer here now.
Also if you’d like the spotlight shining on you and your business for 4 whole weeks, go check out how easy it is to be our Spotlight Netpreneur. There are limited spots and the ads will be run on a first come, first served basis.
Also be sure to check out this Black Friday special that Comodo is offering for their PC Live Support services. It’s a very good deal so click on the banner below and go check out all the details.
Thanks for staying with us. Have a safe and wonderful weekend. See you next Friday .
Ah yes, the holidays. For many, it is a blissful time of reflection, renewal of relationships, and a much-needed respite in the midst of the chaotic monotony of life.
Unfortunately, for others, the holidays represent loneliness, a spiraling into depression, and the inevitable flashes of anger at family get-togethers. Yes, it's true. Even if you can effectively avoid familial conflict for the rest of the year many cannot escape the hungry clutches of anger and conflict that arise within the holiday season.
Why does this happen? What universal forces are at play in these unhappy annual confrontations? Why is it that, at many holiday tables, tempers flare like the eruption of Vesuvius?
Truth be told there are too many reasons to count but here is a sliver of them:
- Holidays often emphasize to us how rough the year has been(perhaps we have less money for Christmas)
- The joy in others can irritate the depression in our own hearts -Anxiety runs high during the holiday season (even good things can cause stress.
- Our routines are interrupted and this causes many to be a wee bit Cranky
- Often, we are forced to be around people we would rather avoid, and we have to listen to the same annoying theories and complaints we have heard about a MILLION times before even though we would rather just haul off and "whack" that person one or at LEAST cover their repulsive lips with a MUZZLE!!! Ahem....sorry. Just getting an early start this year. Seriously, now that we have vividly exposed the issue, here are some tips for keeping your cool even when the holidays get too hot (under the collar, that is):
• STAY FOCUSED ON THE POINT: Remember that holidays are meant to give us a break. They are designed to connect us with family and friends and to remind us to be thankful for what we do have. Don't get caught up in the "hamster wheel" of craziness. Don't focus on how rough the year has been. Keep your eyes on why we even celebrate holidays.
• GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO SLOW DOWN: Many people have trouble relaxing even when it's not a holiday. When it IS a holiday they go into overdrive. If you struggle with this, fight against it. Take a deep breath and look at the important relationships around you. Those people need your focus more than your dust mop.
• DON'T GET DRAWN INTO TRADITIONAL FAMILY FIGHTS: Doesn't it happen every year? We tend to get sucked into old family bickering or feuds? We forget how much our family triggers us and, so, we get triggered AGAIN. Not this year! Before the holidays arrive, take time to reflect on those old triggers and be more aware of them. That way, when Aunt Melba takes a pot-shot at you, you can simply smile and say..."why thank you, Melba....won't you please pass the stuffing?"
So....everyone...as we enter into this glorious season let's take it all in stride. It may or may not be your favorite time of the year but remember; you'll get a much-needed breather from work, you'll probably eat a lot of great food and....just in case....you can always sneak in a muzzle.
About the author:
Aaron Welch is a licensed mental health counselor, nationally certified counselor and certified sex offender treatment specialist. He strives to fight for the hearts of his clients and empower them to build a legacy that impacts the world. He is part of a team of experts at "The Llifeworks Group, Inc". For more information about Aaron or Lifeworks, please visit http://www.lifeworksgroup.org or http://www.legacycounselingservices.org
Is your ad out yet?
Have you submitted your free weekly ad?
Co-op and classified ads are also listed on our Ad Board. The board will be refreshed every issue with a new batch of ads.
please use the link in the email that brought you to this page.
Please do not email changes to me.
We accept secure payment via
Advertising Disclaimer: Minute Chaser Ezine neither represents or endorses the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements above or the quality of any products, information, or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an offer in connection with any ad. While all articles have been selected for their content, the publishing of such articles within this ezine does NOT constitute a recommendation or endorsement of the products/services mentioned within those articles. We strongly encourage you to do your own due diligence before responding to any offer.
Copyright 2004-2010 Minute Chaser Ezine. All rights reserved in all countries.